Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#16)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic: reading a book vs. listening to an audio book


My Answer: I enjoy reading a book over listening to one.  I think it's because the only time you really cannot read but you can listen to a book is in the car... and if I'm driving I would 1. not be able to forus on the plot details because I would be to busy worrying about watching the road or 2. I would be listening to the book and understanding the plot details and then I end up crashing my car... not a great option either way! :P  Besides all of that I tend to be able to read faster than the audio recorded person can talk. 

What about YOU? Do you prefer reading or listening to a book?

Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:


waight-1

9 comments:

  1. Great topic this week! I completely agree--reading all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer reading to, although you can't beat the convenience of audiobooks while running errands/working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer reading too. I can listen to the Audio files while I'm at work, but I think that it is too distracting. Also I know I can read faster than the audio file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Readng. Sometimes listening can be too slow for my pace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely prefer reading because my mind wanders when I'm listening and reading forces me to pay closer attention. That said, I love being able to listen to audio books on a long trip, if it's a book that I don't mind missing parts of while I tune out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely reading. I finally listened to an audio book last month, and it was Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone, a book I've read lots of times, and I loved it, but I don't think I can listen to an audio book of a book I haven't read :)

    Been busy & forgot about WiW this week, so here's my answer now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome discussion topic!

    I love both. Sometimes when I read a book I really, really enjoy, I follow it up with the audiobook from the library. A good reader can make a good book even better.

    And sometimes, I'm safer driving on autopilot while reading a book. But I confess: for the first few books, it took some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading. I like to hold the book and play with the corners of the pages as I read. The only time I really enjoy audio books is while I'm drawing, painting, or baking - aka when my mind is less-engaged. :)

    ReplyDelete