Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#16)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic: reading a book vs. listening to an audio book


My Answer: I enjoy reading a book over listening to one.  I think it's because the only time you really cannot read but you can listen to a book is in the car... and if I'm driving I would 1. not be able to forus on the plot details because I would be to busy worrying about watching the road or 2. I would be listening to the book and understanding the plot details and then I end up crashing my car... not a great option either way! :P  Besides all of that I tend to be able to read faster than the audio recorded person can talk. 

What about YOU? Do you prefer reading or listening to a book?

Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:


waight-1

14 comments:

  1. Great topic this week! I completely agree--reading all the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer reading to, although you can't beat the convenience of audiobooks while running errands/working out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer reading too. I can listen to the Audio files while I'm at work, but I think that it is too distracting. Also I know I can read faster than the audio file.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Readng. Sometimes listening can be too slow for my pace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely prefer reading because my mind wanders when I'm listening and reading forces me to pay closer attention. That said, I love being able to listen to audio books on a long trip, if it's a book that I don't mind missing parts of while I tune out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely reading. I finally listened to an audio book last month, and it was Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone, a book I've read lots of times, and I loved it, but I don't think I can listen to an audio book of a book I haven't read :)

    Been busy & forgot about WiW this week, so here's my answer now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome discussion topic!

    I love both. Sometimes when I read a book I really, really enjoy, I follow it up with the audiobook from the library. A good reader can make a good book even better.

    And sometimes, I'm safer driving on autopilot while reading a book. But I confess: for the first few books, it took some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read that book keeping is a part of accounting. Book keeping is recording transactions while accounting is recording, reporting and analyzing of financial information.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never actually listened to an Audio book before, but I think I'll give it a go just to get a taste. Still, I can't imagine myself getting comfortable to an actual voice playing roles, I mean, usually I make up the voices (tone, attitude..). Should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is second time i read your blogs and got its a very useful information for me i know its a very difficult task to do comment but its a way to what you think and i think everyone can share own knowledge through blog so thanks for this your greatful posting.
    Estetik

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow....your nice information ,I am very happy see your website and your good working in this. post but this web desing is so nice .thank you for the good sharing.
    Miami

    Chrysler

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a creativity site.thanks for sharing.. Video-endoskopik yöntemle, tamponsuz Burun Estetiği bilgileri, estetik burun ameliyati,Burun Estetiği ,rinoplasti operasyonu Op. Dr. Yakup Avsar tarafindan anlatilmaktadir.
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete
  13. Reading. I like to hold the book and play with the corners of the pages as I read. The only time I really enjoy audio books is while I'm drawing, painting, or baking - aka when my mind is less-engaged. :)

    ReplyDelete