Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Waiting On Wednesday (#1)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're excited about.


This week I am waiting on the highly anticipated second installment in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series! If you haven't read the first book yet then DON'T read the synopsis below. SPOILERS. SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!!


    Title: A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses book #2)
    Author: Sarah J. Maas
    Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
    Release Date: May 3rd 2016

A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)"Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.

With more than a million copies sold of her beloved Throne of Glass series, Sarah J. Maas's masterful storytelling brings this second book in her seductive and action-packed series to new heights."


 
I absolutely loved the first book in this series (review to come) and I cannot wait to see what happens with all of these characters in the second book. I am a little nervous because I felt like the end of the last book was trying to open the door to a love triangle--but I'm holding out hope that Maas wouldn't ruin the series like that! There is NO WAY that after everything Feyre goes through for Tamlin in ACOTAR that it is even plausible for her to "love" anyone else. Just saying. Not that I would mind seeing more of Rhysand...

Needless to say that I am very excited to be three weeks away from this release!



18 comments:

  1. I think if done right, a love triangle wouldn't be so bad!! I do want to know why Rhysand recoiled from her, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I will read this one but ACOTAR didn't impress me as much as everyone else. In fact, the last 1/3 of the book was the only reason I gave it 4 stars. However, I love so many of the characters (except Feyre - which is bad since she is the main protagonist) that I really do want to know what happens next. I love Feyre's snarky, "mean" sister (can't remember her name) and I keep hoping she ends up being in the next book more. There are plenty of guys to go around so they should give her one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! Spread the love... as long as there's one left for me. ;)

      Delete
  3. >_< This just reminds me I actually need to read a Maas book... lol. But from what I hear, even if there's a love triangle, I'm sure Maas will do a fine job pulling it off. :)

    I KNEW I should have kidnapped the first book from the library a few weeks ago.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts and In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  4. >_< This just reminds me I actually need to read a Maas book... lol. But from what I hear, even if there's a love triangle, I'm sure Maas will do a fine job pulling it off. :)

    I KNEW I should have kidnapped the first book from the library a few weeks ago.

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts and In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right--she would be a good one to write it...but I don't want to read it!! Lol. You really should kidnap one of hers at your next opportunity!

      Delete
  5. I haven't yet read a book by this author, but I'm definitely curious. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah J Maas is very talented! Definitely recommend. :)

      Delete
  6. SO MUCH YES TO THIS BOOK!! I can't wait to hold it in my hands :D

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!!!! And it's soooooooooooo pretty.

      Delete
  7. Ummm yes please I've been counting down the days for this one since last year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Dani! I hope you also have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im also waiting for this!!! AAHH

    check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I just place my pre-order for this one. I am so anxious to start reading it!! I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one that I am pre-ordering too!!

      Delete