Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (#2)



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming releases we're excited about.
*Hi Everyone! This week I have just discovered this GORGEOUS new book that is set to be released in September of 2016. I was drawn in by the cover but stuck around after reading this amazing synopsis!*

Title: A Shadow Bright and Burning
Author: Jessica Cluess
Release Date: September 20, 2016
Publisher: Random House BFYR
A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1)"Henrietta Howel can burst into flames.
Forced to reveal her power to save a friend, she's shocked when instead of being executed, she's invited to train as one of Her Majesty's royal sorcerers.

Thrust into the glamour of Victorian London, Henrietta is declared the chosen one, the girl who will defeat the Ancients, bloodthirsty demons terrorizing humanity. She also meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, handsome young men eager to test her power and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.

But Henrietta Howel is not the chosen one.
As she plays a dangerous game of deception, she discovers that the sorcerers have their own secrets to protect. With battle looming, what does it mean to not be the one? And how much will she risk to save the city--and the one she loves?"

This book is definitely making me wish that it was already September! Summer? Who needs it. I just want this beautiful book in my hands and safely on my bookshelf. I am so intrigued by the plot for this story and I just want to know why everyone thinks she is the chosen one, how she knows that she isn't, what are all the secrets everyone is hiding, and who this mysterious loved one is!  Am I really asking that much here?


What are you waiting on this week?

39 comments:

  1. I want to read this one! It looks so good to me!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I want to read how someone bursts into flames and lives-very talented writing is my guess. (:

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous cover and yes, now I want to read it too. I just popped to Goodreads and added it to the wishlist. Hope we both love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I agree that I hope we both love it. (:

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an awesome book! Thanks for the tip!
    Don't forget there are plently of fun books coming out this summer too ;) I think we'll manage until September haha :)
    xo Belle from bellethebooknerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first I've heard of this one, but it does sound good!! I hope you love it! :D

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it before this past week either!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous cover...and intriguing blurb. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this looks awesome!!!! holy crap how have i never heard of this before?? will definitely be adding this to my tbr :) thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my blog earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW Right!!! I couldn't believe that this was hiding out on Goodreads without my knowledge. Craziness. (:

      Delete
  7. Yes!! I wanna read this SO bad! So many beautiful covers have been revealed recently, and this is certainly one of them. Hope we both enjoy it :) Here's my Wow!

    Lillie @Little Lillie Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely--so many beautiful books and so little time! :)

      Delete
  8. This one is new to me, thanks!!

    New follower!
    Melissa @ LilyElement

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh nice! I just saw this one recently and was immediately intrigued!! Love that cover too!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very beautiful! I can't wait to read it. (:

      Delete
  10. This sounds like it will be an interesting series. I'll have to be sure to check it out. Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I LOVE this cover! So beautiful! Adding to TBR now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess! Glad I could help further our reading addictions! :)

      Delete
  12. I am excited to read this book too! I love the cover. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fantastic week. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. "A Shadow Bright and Burning" is on the top ten books I've been impatiently waiting for this year. I just can't wait to get my hands on it. Why is September so far away?

    Happy readings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand completely! I'm game to just skip summer completely!

      Delete
  14. Goodness me, that cover and that blurb! I love it!! I love that she's not the chosen one, I think that adds another angle to this

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! This is definitely on my wishlist too, and that cover is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, sorry for the late comment back....been a little busy this week.

    OMG, OMG, OMG!!! What an AWESOME pick!! That cover is indeed GORGEOUS, and the plot is definitely very intriguing and fascinating! I will definitely add this book to my Goodreads TBR shelves right away! Thanks for featuring it!! :)

    BTW, I LOVE your blog design!! Some people don't like dark backgrounds, but obviously, I'm not one of them, since my own blog has a dark background.

    Hope you're having a GREAT Saturday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback on my blog design! I was worried that the dark and light so it might be too hard on the eyes, but so far I'm really loving it.

      Delete
  17. Ohh great pick the cover is absolutely gorgeous and the synopsis very interesting as well! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a good pick!! :D The book is gorgeous, and I can't wait to hear what you think. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete