Saturday, May 12, 2012

Prom and Books.

This week has been a very busy week for me.  Why?  Prom Preparation.  Maybe you really don't care about things like school dances, but for me they are a fun way to bond, either with friends or a date. I mean who doesn't want to feel beautiful and happy and get a picture that looks like this:
(This is so not me! I wish it were though!)

 Prom is about having fun and being yourself!!  Besides, it's even fun getting ready for prom, finding the dress, getting your hair/nails/makeup done, basically just spoiling yourself.  It's a day where you can feel good about primping!  While prom is amazing fun I, personally, like reading even better.  So I thought to myself,

"Wouldn't it be fun to read books involving prom, or school dances in general?" 

For once me and my mind agreed on something so I went about listing all the books I knew that had a prom or school dance theme or undertone... I came back pretty empty handed. I would be very interested in any books that have a prom or dance theme in them, especially if they are fantasy, paranormal, or supernatural fiction.  But really any genre would be fun to read about!! :)


Do YOU know any good books that incorporate school dances?

15 comments:

  1. I don't know of any...but a while back, I was writing a book that incorporated a school dance! I think it would probably be like Homecoming, more than Prom! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool :) Did anything fun happen at the dance?

      Delete
  2. Your prom is really late. Ours was a whole month ago. You got a hott date? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's an 2012 YA debut about prom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a listopia list from Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2163.YA_Prom_Books. I've also read Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman - it wasn't a favorite, but you might like it. I hope you have a fun prom! I think it's fun to get all dressed up and you don't do that very much after high school. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tressa!! :) Prom was definitely fun!!

      Delete
  5. I DO know one, I recently read and reviewed it 9it was great, btw, "Ditched" by Robin Mellom. It's one of those "takes place in a 24 hr. period) book and I laughed my tail off as I was reading:) Here's a link to my review:)

    http://www.flyleafreview.com/2012/04/book-review-ditched-love-story-by-robin.html

    If you're attending the big event I hope you have a great time Lauren:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I must not be awake yet, please excuse all the typo's above!

      Delete
    2. I always admire how an author can pull a whole book out of what is supposed to be a full day! I did have a good time :)

      Delete
  6. Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg was great,
    New Follower
    www.thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThanksPaula!! :) The title sounds awesome!

      Delete
  7. Here are a couple I read and liked...

    Will work for prom dress - Aimee Ferris
    Sweet 16 - Kate Brian
    Anti prom - Abby McDonald (this one is not what you want your prom to be but it was fun to read)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions Amy!! :) Anti Prom sounds funny!!

      Delete