Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#6)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic:
Poetry Vs. Prose 

My Answer:  Personally I have never gotten into reading books that are in poem format, and I'm not really sure why.  I guess it might have to do with the language used.  In the books I have read like this the dialogue uses bigger language that takes longer for me to read.  So I would have to say that Prose would be my preferred form of reading.  But I would be willing to give poetry a try!

What about YOU? Do you prefer Poetry Vs. Prose ? 


Next weeks topic: Graphic Novel vs Traditional Novel

Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:

waight-1




I AM SO SORRY FOR THE PROBLEM WITH THE PREVIOUS LINKY.  Due to an error on my part the last linkies are unavailable.  I have switched servers so hopefully that will not be a problem in the future!! Thanks for your patience with me :)

7 comments:

  1. I can't think of many poem books I've read...maybe a few. They were okay. I think it depends on the storyline as to whether a poem-type format would work. I prefer normal books! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like a dunce but I had to look up the difference. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only ever read one book that is written in a poetic style, and I loved it! But I love prose as well because it's what I read more often. Great reasoning, though! Some poetic books do use bigger words, but not the one I read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like both!! It's much easier when you don't have to narrow down your reading field :P

      Delete
  4. I didn't do the Weigh In last week, I was on a reading retreat, but I'm in this week!

    I love reading poetry! Some of my favorite are Edna Vincent Millay, e.e. cummings, Anna Akhmatova, Pablo Neruda, and Walt Whitman. I bought this collection of love poems in high school (aptly titled A book of Love Poetry) and still read it's many dog eared pages to this day!

    ReplyDelete