Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weigh In Wednesday (#5)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic:
Novellas Vs. Anthologies

My Answer:  Personally I have never gotten into short stories, I usually think they feel rushed or left unfinished.  That said this is a hard choice for me!  I would probably choose Anthologies because at least if I like the story matter I have a full book of the genre I like! :)  In truth I haven't really read a whole lot of this type of book so maybe I secretly love novellas and anthologies, the last anthology I read was really good... so maybe I need to give more a try!

What about YOU? Do you prefer Novellas or Anthologies? 


Next weeks topic: Poetry Vs. Prose 


Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:

waight-1



17 comments:

  1. I too haven't read that many of either but I would say Novellas because sometimes I don't always like every short story in Anthologies. Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read short stories, I always feel like: 'is that all?' I mean, short stories is just too simple or light. Of course there are also some authors who can write engaging short stories, but still...I prefer novella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short stories can definitely be too short!!

      Delete
  3. I agree, I always feel kind of shafted and left wanting more when I read a short story or novella. And I just haven't had a lot of anthologies come my way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly... maybey if I read more they would grow on me?!

      Delete
  4. Yep, short stories aren't for me... I need time to connect. I love this hop though! Look forward to it every week.

    My WIW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you like it Ali! :D

      I agree about the time to connect, it's definitely important and usually lacking in the short stories for me!

      Delete
  5. i do like anthologies.. great way to meet new authors in a taster format and knowing that's what it is [a particular theme possibly] like Laurel Ann Natress' Jane Austen Made me Do IT'.. even the few that weren't my cup of tea weren't a pill to swallow b/c there were enough in the book to enjoy :)

    grt meme ! THx for the goodreads invite !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining in!! :) I understand what you mean in an anthology at least you'll probably like SOMETHING :P

      Delete
  6. I like novellas. For me, they're a great option if I want something more than a short story but a little less than a novel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fast reads!! :) Thanks for weighing in Jennifer!

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I always find that it's hard to really develop a character, or at least get a good feel for them, in short stories, which may well be one of the reasons why I tend to avoid them. I don't read anthologies at all but maybe I should try one out some time! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say to try one... then you can say you tried it and didn't like it :)

      Delete
  8. I agree, I'm just never satisfied with anthologies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. {i'm following your blog}

    I am leaving this note to let you know that I am following you. If you aren't already following me can you please return the favor and leave a comment on my most recent entry. Please and thank you! :)

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete