Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#3)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic: Contemporary Vs. Fantasy
 
 
My Answer:  Personally I prefer fantasy over contemporary in fiction work.  I think it's because I myself am in high school and I really don't need to read about other people's realistic  high school experiences. Yes, many fantasy books are about high schooler's who have problems. I get that.  But when you add in something like Unicorns, Fairies, Elves, Ect. it draws enough attention away from all the "regular, everyday" drama that I can enjoy the story more fully.  So Fantasy is my choice... though I do read and enjoy purley contemporary work on a

What about YOU? Do you prefer Contemporary or Fantasy? 


Next weeks topic: Love Triangles Vs. Insta-love 
(and yes they both kind-of suck, pick your favorite anyway!)


Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:

waight-1



11 comments:

  1. I personally don't care much for contemporary fiction! I don't know why, really; I just naturally gravitate toward fantasy. It is more like stuff I write..and I write what I would like to read, so...haha! =) Even if, like you said, it has elements of reality, the fantastical elements make it seem otherworldly...and that is what I am drawn to the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a fantasy girl myself, though I've been known to enjoy a few contemps here & there. I don't care for the heavy topic ones though. Mostly the light ones like Stephanie Perkins and Jennifer E. Smith. I can handle those.

    But really, give me a good fantasy any day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Contemporary Team! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a contemporary reader (classics especially), though I sometimes read fantasy-adventure such as Harry Potter and Joshua Files too. Fantasy is entertaining, but it doesn't contain deeper value and meaning which I find in contemporary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantasy Here but you can read my longer response at my WIW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm stuck on choosing a team on this one Lauren, I love them both. I probably read more contemporary these days, though I can't say I love it more than fantasy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get enough fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the questions and the meme..lol..
    I'm on fantasy side too..
    My WIW

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is too cool! I'll participate in the future, too! *bookmarks page*

    ReplyDelete