Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#10)

waight-1


*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*


Todays topic:
reading one book at a time vs. reading multiple books at a time


My Answer:  If I am going to spend my time reading (which actually happens quite often) I'm going to give the book my sole attention. Why would I want to hurt the poor books feelings?  Besides  it just gets too confusing for me to try juggling three books at the same time.  I did try it once and when I got about halfway through all of them they seemed to realize that I was seeing other books and they all conspired to become in-depth and confusing.  It gave me a headache and put me in my place ;)  I realized from then on that it really helps me connect better to each story if that's the only one I focus on, and so that's what I do.  The only exception to this rule is when I have a book assigned to me for school. 

What about YOU? Do you prefer  reading one book at a time or reading multiple books at a time? 


Next weeks topic: fairytale retelling vs. the original fairyrale

Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:


waight-1

11 comments:

  1. I'm with you...definitely one book at a time. I read books like I watch movies - because in my head, reading a book is like watching a movie. I like to become the character and experience the story as if I was there. I can't see myself doing that with several different books at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Kris!! The book plays out like a movie in my head too... when I can "watch it" without a problem I know it was a success! Two many books would definitely interfere with that.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you: one book at a time...UNLESS a book is really long and/or I'm having a hard time getting through it, then I might take a break by reading something shorter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometime I will take a break from a book... but most often when I do that I don't come back to it until I finished the other one I started!

      Delete
    2. Oh, definitely! If I do that I intentionally pick a short book (or even a short story or novella) for the second one.

      Delete
  3. Multiples, all the way! I'm currently reading 12...I know, I know. Most people think I'm a complete nutter, but it's just the way my brain compartmentalizes things. I get bored with just one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you there Ems!
      When one starts to get dull I turn to another and so on.

      Delete
  4. Oh, poor you :) I prefer when I can't put down a book, so I only read that one until I finish it, but I usually have multiple books started, so this time I'm undecided :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a one book at a time kinda girl. Sometimes two but usually they have to be VERY different genres for it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can read multiple books at once.
    Like I said to Ems above when one books starts to dull a pick up another and so on to keep me entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to read one at a time, but I've trained myself to read more than one. I like it a lot. They just have to be different enough so I'm not mixing up characters and plots. :)

    ReplyDelete