Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#9)

waight-1


*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*


Todays topic:
Action/Adventure vs. Romance (if the story only has one)


My Answer:  If a book is only going to have one I want it to have action or adventure.... If a book just has romance the plot won't be very detailed and I find  my mind drifting away from the book.  Action holds my attention with its fast paced nature while adventure piques my curiosity! Ideally a book would have both traits but if not Action/Adventure is the way to go for me.  :)



What about YOU? Do you prefer Action/Adventure or Romance (if the story only has one)? 


Next weeks topic: Reading one book at a time vs. Reading multiple books at a time


Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:


waight-1



14 comments:

  1. I'm all for action-adventure! I think if a novel is strictly romance, then usually the plot is just about the same for all of those types of novels. Action keeps my interest! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer romance...but not the sappy kind, and I definitely think the book should still have a plot no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to choose just one, it would definitely be action. I like it when it's got both though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can go either way. It all depends on my mood that day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -cyber hugs- Lauren, I've missed you! And SO sorry I haven't been here to be part of your Weigh in Wednesday meme! starting next week, I promise! >_<

    This. is. hard. Im gonna be brave and say romance, but mainly because for the fact that I haven't been lucky enough to read that many good action books with good diction... though it's always great to "watch" an epic literary-action-, I've always been more emotionally oriented -embarrassed smile-

    Vivian @ Vivaciously, Vivian
    Feels good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH!! I missed you too!! SO glad you're back. :D

      I understand what you mean by emotionally oriented... to me though I get emotionally involved when the plot is fast paced and intriguing. Which usually comes with action/adventure books!! Granted... I LOVE ROMANCE. But if the book only has one I want the A/A ;)

      Delete
  6. I love my Romance books, I refuse to read books without a happy ending. But since this is a choice between A/A and Romance... A/A wins. Romance novels without A/A would not captivate me at all.

    ReplyDelete