Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#7)

waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic:
Graphic Novel vs Traditional Novel

My Answer:  Personally I have never gotten into graphic novels, and it doesn't seem to matter what subject it is.  I'm not really sure why that is, since I never had a problem with picture books!  If I had to guess a reason I would say that my mind likes to be in control... when I read a book my brain has creative freedom to picture the world and people however it wants.  When I look through a graphic novel it already has all the images set out for me and it leaves a lot less to the imagination.  Also it is harder for me to picture the cartoonie, non-realistic people actually having a conversation.

What about YOU? Do you prefer Graphic Novel vs Traditional Novel? 


Next weeks topic: Kindle vs Nook

Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!

 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:

waight-1



10 comments:

  1. Great answer Lauren! I hadn't thought about how little my imagination would have to work on a graphic novel.

    ~Ali

    My WIW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ali--I like your answer. Traditional novels interest me a lot more, and I don't know, I just prefer them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree! With traditional novel we have the freedom set our imagination anything we like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I like your answer, but I love both graphic novels & traditional novels, although I read a lot more traditional novels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I know quite a few people who read both and like both... I just never got into the Graphic Novels!!

      Delete
  5. Great answer, and yes I agree with you about letting your own imagination do the leg work:) It's kind of like book covers, sometimes I prefer them to be less personalized (ie: full on pic of the heroine or hero) because what if that's not how they look in my head?

    But I actually would like to give graphic novels/ manga a try, because I haven't yet:)


    My WiW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True true.. usually with seeing the hero or heroine I just picture them that way from the start and ignore what they are "supposed" to look like ;)

      Delete