Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weigh in Wednesday (#8)


waight-1
*I do ask that if you would like to participate please site me and my blog somewhere in the post.*

Todays topic:
Kindle vs. Nook

My Answer:  Personally I have only ever owned a Kindle... and I love it.  I really cannot imagine liking the Nook better.  I have a Kindle touch and we get along pretty well.. though I still much prefer a physical copy to a digital copy.  The only things I would change would be adding the ability for a back-light and having a way to turn pages that doesn't involve touching the screen.  It is my greatest fear that the screen will lock up one day and then I would be so screwed! I love my Kindle and I really enjoy its size and shape...



What about YOU? Do you prefer Kindle or Nook? 


Next weeks topic: Action/Adventure vs. Romance (if the story only has one)


Please email me with any topics you would like to see here on WiW at Epiloguereview@yahoo.com I would really appreciate any ideas you guys have!!


 If you would like to grab my picture to use here it is:


waight-1





11 comments:

  1. Kindle all the way! I bought mine just as Nook was coming out and really debated about it, but I'm glad I chose Kindle. I have tried the Nook and I definitely like mine better. I don't know if it's because I'm so used to it or if I'm biased or what. I think a lot of it is the name. Kindle just sounds better to me than Nook.

    Great feature!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the name better!! It just roles off the tongue easier. It's great to hear your perspective since you've tried them both!!

      Thanks for weighing in Alyssa!

      Delete
  2. I have only tried the Kindle- but I prefer it over the Nook. Maybe I just don't know enough about the Nook. I like that the Kindle isn't backlit because I feel like it doesn't strain my eyes. Still, at the end of the day I prefer a book in print. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! :) Print books rule! See I wouldn't want the Ereader to be back-lit all the time because then it WOULD strain my eyes... but I would like it if you could turn it on at night so it was lit up.

      Delete
  3. I prefer print, but I finally did buy a Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Kindle and love it but there are still times when I have to have the actual book.

    It's pretty awesome when you get stuck somewhere (doctors office, traffic jam, whatever) and you can whip out your phone and sinc to the book on your Kindle. Gotta love technology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both. They both offer so much!!! There are times though that I do want a real book in my hand too!!!

    My post: http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/06/meme-hosted-by-lauren-epilogue-reviews_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I bought a tablet. And I can have Kindle and Nook reading apps. With backlighting and turning the pages with buttons. ;P Plus I can watch movies, play games and surf internet on it. Pretty much better. And for similar price, maybe even cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I am gonna be the non kindle person but I love my nook tablet I tried to use my cousins kindle and I hated it! The Nook is just easier to use that is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Kindle touch, and I love it! :) There are so many awesome books for free from Amazon from new authors I might not have checked out before without my Kindle.

    But I do still love physical books. There's just something about the beautiful artwork on the cover, turning actual pages, tossing into my bag without worrying about it breaking, lol.

    ReplyDelete