Hey everyone! Welcome to Epilogue's stop on the Fairy Tale giveaway hop. Here you will get your choice of one of the books shown belowor you can get any Fairy Tale themed book from The Book Depository. This giveaway is INTERNATIONAL IF The Book Depository ships to you! I am participating in this hop in honor of reaching 800 GFC followers.
This hop has a unique twist the participants have to do one of the following:
1. Brief interview from author of giveaway book (2-5 questions)
2. Guest post from the author of giveaway book
3. Fictional brief interview between blogger and their favorite fairy tale character (2-3 questions)
4. Paragraph (and picture -optional) spotlighting blogger's favorite fairy tale character
5. List of top 3 favorite fairy tale villains and the books they appear
6. List of top 3 favorite fairy tale heroes and the books they appear
I have for you here a brief interview with Marissa Meyer the author of Cinder!!
1) How long did it take you to write Cinder?
The first draft took a mere two weeks. After that, it took almost two years of rewriting and revising before I felt it was ready to send to agents.
2) What is your favorite food for breakfast?
Waffles with peanut butter and maple syrup.
3) What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Write as much as you can—it’s the only way you’ll develop your voice and learn about all those nitty-gritty craft things like point of view and conflict. And don’t write for trends or the market. Yes, eventually you’ll have to consider where your book fits and who your audience is, but your first priority should be in writing a story that you love and that you would want to read. Otherwise you’ll make yourself miserable.
4) Name one person who has had the greatest impact on your life.
5) Which book do you wish you had written?
The Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. I love spy movies and wish I’d gotten this idea first!
6) What is your favorite genre of music?
I listen to a lot of alternative rock (Muse, The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie) and also classic rock (The Beatles, The Eagles, David Bowie). I also have a fondness for Broadway musicals.
7) What is your favorite color?
Gray—always chic and classic and goes with everything!
8) What do you do when you have writer’s block?
I find that true writer’s block is very rare for me. When I force myself to sit down and start writing, I can produce words 99% of the time (the difficulty in those cases is, of course, forcing myself to sit down and get started!). On those rare occasions when words truly won’t come, I usually put on my story playlist and lay down on the floor and try to picture the story world and the characters, and just let my imagination go. Doing that helps me reconnect to the story and figure out what should happen next.
Here are the choices:
Don't like the choices? I will also allow you to choose any FAIRYTALE up to $15 from TBD.
Giveaway:a Rafflecopter giveaway